George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

I Have seimens iq 1834 washer , power on, start/stop button flashes . On pressing a neg

I
Have seimens iq 1834 washer , power on, start/stop button flashes . On pressing a negative tone heard and that it.
Hello, my name is George..
Check that the door is properly shut
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The door is shut properly . On the display it shows the programmes. After selecting the programme I press the start button that's flashing but a negative tone is heard and won't run. This happens with any programme selected.
Put the program on SPIN ONLY and try to run the program by pressing start.. Let me know what happens
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's still not running and giving the same tone.
When you have pressed Start, can you then open the door straight away?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Your door interlock is failing to lock and the tone is to instruct you of that..
The fault could be:
Door interlock failure
Wiring to door interlock
PCB
It is most likely to be just a failed door interlock
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You're very welcome
Please remember to rate the assistance given by me