Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Good morning I have a Belling Formula 170 Model CHU 160

Good morning
I have a Belling Formula 170 Model CHU 160 Fan Oven. Both the Hob and Grill work, but the oven will not work. The clock/timer flashed then went blank and having looked at the instructions this is perhaps why the oven will not work. I have changed the fuse in the wall socket for the oven, but to no avail.
Any ideas before I go out and buy a new oven! Help
With thanks
Andrea
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - how do you feel about taking it apart ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ian - that's fine thank you - looking forward to receiving your response.With thanks
Andrea
OK I need you to give me the product code that is on the label it is quite long and should start with 4444............. once I have this I can look up the wiring diagram and see what we can do.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ian - apologies at work and no access to the "oven" - will email tomorrow morning if that is okay.With thanks
Andrea
Yes that is fine or this evening I will be back on her from about 1600 onwards, in your case its either going to be an internal fuse gone or the timer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ian - it will be tomorrow morning and thanks - have a good dayAndrea
You too
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Good morningApologies for the delay, traffic a nightmare this morning on the M25. Having looked at the cooker the references on the door are as follows - Model 170BH, Serial Number 07100023. Hopefully this will assist.
With kindest
Andrea
OK I will see what I can find out, the model number is ***** only and a long number starting with 3, 4, 5 or 7. I need this to access the engineers website the alpha/numeric doesnt work. But lets see what I can find out during the day.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Apologies, but that was all I could see - will have another look tonight
I've asked my college back in the office to see if she can find anything but initially they couldnt either so have passed it on to technical for them to look.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Good morning IanI have looked everywhere on the oven and cannot find any further serial numbers. Apologies.I look forward to hearing from you.
With kindest Andrea
OK is this a fairly old cooker and can you tell me how many buttons the timer/programmer has?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There are six buttons starting with the timer, auto, stop auto, hand (?) and minus and plus.
I hope this assists
With kindest
Andrea
Secondly have you got someone that can follow my instructions and join wires together? Excellent, if you can or have someone who can we can bypass the clock all together which will allow you to use in manual mode.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ian
I am sorry, there is only myself and not sure I will be able to manage dealing with wires/electricity etc. - is it difficult?
Plus I work all day and am only there in the evening, with at the present time no access to the Internet (relaying cables etc.)
Thank you for your assistance, but looks like I will be paying a visit to Currys at the weekend!
With kindest
Andrea
OK if you would like me to phone you and talk you through the repair I am happy to do so but if you feel it is a little beyond you I can recommend a local guy to come around and sort you out if you wish.
If on the other hand you have decided to buy new would you kindly rate the help given so far by selecting from the star system above. This allows me to close down the job whilst at the same time giving you free information free of charge.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Ian - many thanks for your kind assistance - could you please let me have the number for a local guy before I purchase a new oven.With thanks for all your help
Andrea
A pleasure Andrea, could you give me your postcode please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
SS6 9TL
Alan Bailey - Dolphin Appliances 01353 624839
Kevin Holley - AND 0208(###) ###-####
In both cases indicate that you wish to him a timer bypassed as the part is no longer available. Make this quite clear, as I don't want the engineer turning up and saying they can't do it because the part is no longer available. It is possible that they wont want to do it, if so come back to me, its not a difficult job.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you so much.Will come back to you if I have any problems.With kindest as always
Andrea
My pleasure, take care out there and have a Happy Christmas
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Good morning IanAnd you and wishing you a health, happy and peaceful 2016Andrea
And the same to you and your family members. Whilst I'm abit old for Christmas Cheer, its lovely to watch the young children open their presents.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Grandbabies are wonderful creatures - you can give them back and have all the joy in the meantime!
Without too many bumps and bruises and covered in muck (laughs)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Me or them! LoLHave a good weekend and many thanks for your kind assistance.
If you were having fun - both or all of you