canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

All the bulbs have just failed together on our Franke Mythos

All the bulbs have just failed together on our Franke Mythos cooker hood. The fan itself is working. What might the problem be?
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. There are several issues this could be but it certainly could be diagnosed. First of course would be testing for voltage at the bulb socket. If none with the switch on then next would be testing the switch. Turn the power off at the source and test the switch for continuity with a multimeter. If there is continuity with the switch on then turn the power on and test for voltage on the connections of the control board. If this is an older hood it may have a small light ballast. In that case still test the voltage into and out of the ballast. Most commonly it is a faulty switch. If you are not experienced with testing voltages then you may find scorch marks on the switch and that would be a very good indication that the switch would need to be replaced.