Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a fzs 175 p. I recently bought a new circuit board set of controls at t

Customer Question

I have a fzs 175 p. I recently bought a new circuit board for the set of controls at the top of the freezer, ii have fitted the board but have just realised it is not programmed! It is working but it is only fridge cold. Can you help?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - firstly who did you buy the part from?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We bought the appliance from currys about 5 years ago.
No not the appliance - where did you buy the new part from?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Partmaster.co.uk
OK then you have abit of a problem, to program the board you need -
a. Connecting cable,
b. Card reader
c. Program card
total cost of the above, well in excess of £150. If I were you I would try and get a programmed board directly from Hotpoint and send that one back unused to Partmaster for a refund. Or get Hotpoint to send out one of its engineers to do a fixed price repair for you which not only gets you back on the road but gives you a 12 warranty. The above items are what we engineers use daily, ie financially its not viable to buy them just for one job.
Not what you want to hear I'm sure but if you're not careful you can end up spending more than the value of the appliance just to get it to work.