Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have bought a Crosley Executive turntable wife,s birthday

Customer Question

I have bought a Crosley Executive turntable for my wife,s birthday and ordered it online. I was under the impression it had a re-chargebale battery built in and doesn't. Is there any sort of battery pack available that would work? Thankyou.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - is it the CR6019a model
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian. Yes it is the CR6019A
OK do I understand you correctly in that you don't wish to use the supplied power supply adapter but wish in its place to use some form of battery pack and in so doing invalidate the manufacturers warranty?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not to exclusively run it by battery, but to have that option. I understand that some Crosley record players do have a battery power option
I have spoken to Crosley Radio regarding your request and they advise that this product is designed for use on AC only. However they were kind enough to indicate that the product runs on 9 volts DC 0.45amps with a power consumption of 5watts. Now if you wanted to get your local electrical store to make you up a battery pack it might just work. Be very careful that they get the polarity correct or you might damage the turntable.
Would you now rate the information given so that I can close the job down on the system, once done further questions are free of charge. Thank you for using JA and have a great day.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help.
Thank you for the question, always nice to get something out of the ordinary to research. Good luck with the project.