Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

We have a Miele KFN8962SDED fridge freezer - the Fridge won't

We have a Miele KFN8962SDED fridge freezer - the Fridge won't chill but the freezer is working. I have cleaned the drain hole - it was blocked and I have cleared the tube through to the reservoir at the base. Is there anything else I should try before calling in someone to repair the machine? With many thanks, Andrew
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - sounds like the vent tubes between the freezer and the fridge are blocked with ice and no cooling is being ducted into the fridge. First thing to do is get you food stored somewhere else and do a full defrost on the appliance. This will take about 36 hours with the doors open and towels down to catch the defrosting ice.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Howdy,
Very busy here and have not been able to see if your suggestion works - We have 100litres of frozen food to find a home for before we can defrost the whole unit . I am buying a 99lt chest freezer today and will hopefully be able to defrost tonight. Will let you know asap. Andrew
OK Andrew - will be around, if you have a wallpaper steamer you can do the defrost mechanically so to speak but other wise I'll speak to you after you have defrosted it the old fashioned way.