Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a built-in electric oven. Our electricity was cut of

I have a built-in electric oven. Our electricity was cut of by Western Power earlier today. I was out at the time. I tried, unsucessfully, to reset the time. I cannot now get the oven to work but three zeros keep flashing on and off alternately with the word Auto. I would be most grateful if you could tell me what to do. My husband used to look after leaflets and instruction manuals but I can't find anything on the oven. (I have found leaflets on items we no longer have!) I do hope you can help.
With many thanks.
Maureen Hayhurst
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ could you give me the full ENr and I will send you the instructions on how to reset you clock.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I don't know what you mean by ENr. All I can tell you is that it is a built-in Neff oven with three heating options - fan, top heat only and top + bottom heat. I hope that helps.
OK to explain all Bosch Siemens Neff products have what you might call a product code similar to a model number, this is called the ENr. What it does is allow Neff in your case to supply a product that has been fully electrically tested by an independent test company and a certificate of safety issued. In Neffs case they may have an item with the same model number but with various different versions each version will have a different ENr. If you open the door of your oven you should have a stuck on label that shows the ENr, it is this that I require to send you the correct instructions. Come back to me when you have found it - thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I have found that. It isn't easy to see but I am pretty sure it is BH5OG25/01. I am not sure if the O's are digits or letters.
OK leave it with me for a minute and I'll see what I can find.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't find that model or anything similar but do you have a clock function button next to a rotary dial - if not can you send me a photo of the front of the appliance and I'll see if I can track it that way.
This might work --
After connecting to the mains, the display 0:00 will blink. Press the button until the clock face symbol appears below the flashing 12:00. Use the rotary button to alter the time of day. Touch the button to confirm.
OR
After connecting to the mains, or after a power
Setting the time failure, the display 0:00 will blink.
Press the > button and set the current time with
the rotary knob (e.g. 15:00 hours).
To correct the time, press the > button until the
symbol flashes.
Then set the time.
Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I don't have a clock face and I didn't know how to take and send a photograph. Fortunately a friend arrived and he sorted it out for me, Thanks for your help anyway.
no worries