Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

All power has ceased to my Honeywell programmer. Non of the

All power has ceased to my Honeywell programmer. Non of the trip switches have triggered and I've checked for lose wiring at programmer and in airing cupboard junction box.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , most likely the programmer has failed. If you remove the face plate and put a link wire between live and heating on ,the boiler should fire. This will prove that its the programmer at fault.. make power is off whilst inserting the link wire.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Plumberpro,
I did look at your answer as soon as it was made. Sorry if I didn't follow through the right proceedure. I've proved that it was the programmer that had given up the ghost. I've found a replacement for the Honeywell C27 by ordering a Horstman equivalent which is exactly the same. Firstly I tried to simply change the lithium cell but the actual programmer was gone. I must add that I feel that £20 for somewhat inexact information was a bit steep, but one has to make a living.
Regards,
Gordon V.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Gordon .I always try to help the best I can