Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

FSLC Oven Hood - 240v One of the 12v bulbs blew…I turned

Customer Question

FSLC Oven Hood - 240v
One of the 12v bulbs blew…I turned the other bulb off but I did not turn the unit off at the mains. I replaced the bulb but then the unit would not come back to life…no lights and no fan. Working with my local electrician we have taken the hood down and worked out that power is getting to the unit still. The 240/12v transformer is hot compared to the rest of the unit, even though nothing is in use.
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.Since it is running hot with nothing operating for a load, it does sound as though the transformer has failed.Test the output right quick and see if it has 12 volts power for the PC board operation.Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can confirm it is giving 12v output.
Ok,If the voltage output is good to the main control board, then the transformer may be hot but is certainly providing the proper power.I am unable to find that model number in a database.What is the manufacturer?Many cooker hoods, have internal fuses, some are located near the filter and others inside the control board area.