KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

I have an Indesit IWDC 6105, I get the all lights blinking

Customer Question

Hi I have an Indesit IWDC 6105, I get the all lights blinking problem. The washer stops just before the first rinse and does nothing shortly after the lights start flashing. This is not an issue with an obstruction in the drainage house or the filter. If I set the programmer to drain the pump will engage for two seconds and stops. Last time this happened it required replacing the PCB, thinking that this is the case again I replaced it and still no change. What else could cause it?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome to Just answer .... all flashing lights indicate a failed main board which will need replacement... it seems your PCB is fine however, the main board has to be replaced...you can buy a new one in £90________________________________________________________________________________________If you have further questions I will be pleased to assist you .. Please remember to RATE my answer Excellent or Good Service when you are satisfied....Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi as I mentioned I just replaced it, the is no change in the behavior.
PCB and main board are different ... which part have you replaced ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry if I have the wrong nomenclature wrong, as far as I know there are two boards the control board in the front and the main board in the back. I have replace the on in the back (the programmable).
All lights flashing indicate bad main control board which you have already replaced... as the washer stops just before the rinse it can be due to a bad heater element assembly...with the washer unplugged please test if for continuity.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll give that a try, one thing though is why when setting the programmer to drain the pump engages only for a couple of seconds? Then stops and after a while the "end" light comes on as though it thought that all the water was drained but naturally it does not.
If you have cleaned the drain pump completely then this should not happen... pull the washer out and clean the drain pump/hose completely...check the hose from drum to pump, also check the thin hose attached to pressure switch...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done all the above before replacing the board. I wonder now if it might be the pressure switch itself, though I thought that mainly controlled how much water the washer takes. Does it also tell the washer if it has drained all the water?
Yes it does... you can also test the switch