Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

I have a water/ch system with conventional condensing boiler. The

Customer Question

I have a water/ch system with conventional condensing boiler.
The sytem is controlled from an old Honeywell Randall 972 programmer with a Room thermostat which is a manual rotary knob (only identification is TM 1202 and DP5 on the plastic base). I can send pictures if necessary.
It has three wires from the programmer: Yellow goes to terminal point 3 on the thermostat, Blue goes to point 4, Red goes to point 1.
Can I install a "Salus Digital RT500" and what wires go where?
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi you only need the yellow and red wire. The blue is neutral and used to be used to preheat the stat to avoid delayed switching
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Red will be live and yellow switched live(sl). Just make the blue wire safe
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. So I can use a salus rt 500 yes?
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Yes, definitely.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks again. Is it right that the silus will control both the time and varying temperature needs.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi, yes , but instead of on and off it uses temperature changes. Ie, 9 am on 21 degrees, at 12 off by setting at say 4 degrees. So when you want it in set a temperature that you want it to be at when it comes on, then when you would normally like the heating off set the temperature at a low enough temperature where its unlikely to come on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi , have sent the phone call request reply to you
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
There is a video about how to use the rt500 here, http://www.salus-tech.com/products/thermostat/programmable-room-thermostat/_c1_32_programmable-room-thermostat/Ok have to go out soon , we can continue if needed tomorrow