Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Neff Dishwasher, S4430B1. There are 3 programs -

I have a Neff Dishwasher, S4430B1. There are 3 programs - 1, 2 and 3. I dial the switch to 1 and start the cycle, and the timer ticks round normally until it hits 2. You can see that the timer switch is trying to click past 2, but doesn't seem to have the power to do so, so becomes stuck at 2. Do I need a new timer unit? (is that what it's called?) Thanks!
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
If the timer is sticking on the 2 but then works ok if you nudge it on then this is nearly always a timer fault here.
We used to replace many of these for this kind of fault with these older timers on as most modern dishwasher all use control boards now.
But just checked this and the part is still available on these but isn't cheap. You are looking at about £100 just for the part. If you want the part number for it then its 00171377
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Daniel, Is this an easy part to replace myself, or would an engineer be required?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Looking at the part it comes as a kit which this usually means you need to alter the wiring. But it should come with instructions on how to do it. So if you are handy at repairs then you can try it. Failing that then you can try either British Gas or Currys Knowhow as they both do fixed price repairs for £125 so that will include parts and labour so if getting an engineer in they that way will be cheaper. Regards