Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have an AGA Masterchef and the fans keep stopping and it

Customer Question

I have an AGA Masterchef and the fans keep stopping and it takes forever to cook. It is 15 years old. I have replaced the thermostats and it makes no difference and the fan motors have both been replaced in recent years. The fans also make an alarming rumbling noise a lot of the time but not always. Help!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - almost sure that you will need to replace the fans again, however do you have a mains tester or multimeter that you can use? Secondly can you let me have the full model number, the Masterchef is just a range of cookers, with many variations.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian, thanks for your reply. The model is 100 DF and serial no(###) ###-####8 I think. I do have a basic mains test meter. I am a home DIY person not a professional, although I can turn my hand to these things.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it easier to talk on the phone or carry on by mail?
OK if you can give me a couple of hours I will call you back and talk you through the repair. If you can post your telephone number preceded by a # ***** will come back to you ie #1233 etc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My phone numbers are:
#07774141935 or home
#01959576501
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am going out at 5 and was expecting a call some time ago
I cannot get through on you mobile - is the number correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes but I was on the phone and I have another call due now. Can you leave me your no or if not ring me at 4.30? Many thanks. Andy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In fact I've just noticed my mobile is one digit wrong! It should be 07774 141934. Sorry!
OK Andy, I will be back on the road then but my number is ***** 928831 - Ian