Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Elecrical supply has been pulled out of back of AEG 40660 dishwasher.

Elecrical supply has been pulled out of back of AEG 40660 dishwasher. Three grips on electrical flex are blue, brown & green/white. Unfortunately the corresponding tongues are green/yellow, turquoise & brown striped, and finally ornage & back striped. Which one does the blue conect to and the brown connect to? Absolutley no info on the net available?? Please help as we need the dishwasher sorted asap
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - could you give me the ENr that is on the label please, I should then be able to look it up. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian, sorry what is the ENr and where will I find it? AEG 40660 dishwasher?
Thanks Rachel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found the operators manual, but it does not refer to anything about the electrical power connections inside the machine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian, please can you let me know what the ENr is?
If you can find a label with the model number it should also have a product code or pnc, that the number I require. Thanks.
Does the connector that you have have numbers 1 through 6 ??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian, there is no sticker with model number. I have the original user infoCan I sen you a photo of the connectors and hopefully I can show you where the strange colour wires come form and what I mean about the tongues etc?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, that was not edditted properly before I sent it, I have the user info booklet and there are no label with the product code or PNC
If you look down the right hand side of the door you should have a sticker on the stainless steel inner door skin. That reference you have given has 33 different versions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ha, Ian, yes, Ive got it! PNC911 232 744 00 SN52627549
Hope this helps? The dishwasher is sat in the middle of the kitchen floor with all the kitchen boxes unpacking around it.
OK I have now got the wiring diagram but unfortunately the cable colours are listed in abbreviated german so I need you to follow a cable for me which will then confirm what fits what, the two cables that have come off join and are connected further along to another double cable where both colours are the same, can you follow them to this point?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear *****, Im really sorry but I have not been able to find which one to join the pair of cables to. Can I send a photo or a video of the inside of the back of the machine and hopefully you will be able to see them as you know what you should be looking for. There seem to be a couple of wires that it could be. Thanks Rachel
OK that might be helpful, I have the wiring diagram here but its not clear what goes to where and I doubt you have got a multimeter to do it this way ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear *****, Is it possible that I can email the photo/video to your website? I cannot attach it to this message. You are right about the live & neutral being joined, when I found the cable pulled out, they were soldered together. I forced it apart as I had assumed that it was fuse wire or the clips inadvertently got trapped together. I have resoldered it together.
Yet its ianafdales(at)gmail.com replacing the (at) with @
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ian. I have sent two emails. One has the photos. Other is video because vid was too big to send first time. Let me know when you get them. Rachel
Give me an hour and I will come back to you, I have the answers required to get you up and running.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian, any news about which terminal to connect the live & neutral wires to? I have soldered them back together. Cheers Rachel
OK -- blue goes to turquoise & brown striped
brown goes to orange & black striped
If you have further trouble let me know. In the meantime could you rate the information given by using the star rating system above. Once done you can continue to ask further questions on a free of charge basis. Many thanks for using JA and have a great day.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian, thanks for this, but the brown & blue wires from the flex (with the mains 3 pin plug at the other end) were originally soldered together and this implies that it was attached to just one of the terminals - either the turq & brown or the orange & black, before it was pulled out from the back of the dishwasher. I know this will have sounded strange. Should I undo the solder to atach them to the seperate terminals? Sorry that this is dragging on. I will do whatever you suggest. Rachel
OK let me have your email address and then we are both singing off the same songsheet ~ replace the @ with (at) and I will send you the email and we can have a further conversation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
racheljmackay at hotmail.co.uk
Sorry about all this hassle, I really didnt think it would be so complicated, but then thats becasue Im not an electrician!
Looking forward to hearing from you
Rachel
You have mail.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear *****! SUCCESS!! Yes you were perfectly right about which colour went to which terminal. We tried it but couldnt get it to work. My brother in law came over, and found that it was the fuse that had blown and it was not solder that had fixed the live & neutral together, they must have touched and shorted the appliance then blown the fuse.
I am so very happy with all your advice, well done, and thank you!! The dishwasher is working so my husband it thrilled to be off washing up duties at last!! Thank you! Have a great Christmas! Rachel
Dam Rachel If I'd know he was on washing up duty we could have left the repair until after Xmas. Really pleased we got it sorted in the end. Could I ask that you rate the information given by using the star rating system at the top of the page, this allows me to close down the job on the system. If you need further info give me a shout as once rated all further questions are free of charge. If I dont hear from you - have a great Christmas -- Ian
Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.