Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My Britannia dual fuel range cooker has a faulty function knob

My Britannia dual fuel range cooker has a faulty function knob to activate the main (multifunctional) oven. This knob will turn to the 1st function setting properly, which is the oven light, but then it will not turn further without being forced and when it turns it does not click to the next function, so therefore does not activate the oven functions.
When the knob is clicked to the oven light setting the green light comes on to suggest it works, it just does not turn further and so does not activate the oven.
How can I fix this?
Thanks in advance.
Natalie
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries- before we go to far in to this can you pull the knob off?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is the turning rod held by a metal plate screwed in top and bottom.
Can you give me the model number and I'll have a look
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Britannia SI-9TV-SLX-S
Dual fuel twin oven range cooker.
OK the information that I have on this model seems to indicate that you should be able to just pull off the knob - can you do this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I always said this
OK if you take off one of the other knobs can you turn the faulty selector switch with the new knob? What I'm trying to establish is if its the knob that is faulty or the connector switch, much more common to have a duff knob.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You can't remove the other knobs. I would gave to force/break them to do this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the only knob like thus on the cooker
OK try using a pair of pliers to turn the selector switch
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do tomorrow when at the property. Then I'll get back to you.
OK just to reiterate we are trying to establish which of the two components is faulty, the knob or the selector switch. Speak to you tomrrow.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK great thanks will get back to you tomorrow
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. The selector switch only moves one notch it is then stuck and will not move, even with pliers.
OK then that is your problem, you need to change the selector switch. Power off and change it wire for wire and you should be OK.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A pleasure would you now kindly rate the information given by using the star rating system at the top of the page, once done all further questions are free of charge. Thank you for using JA and have a great evening.
Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.