Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Hotpoint Washing Machine (AQ9D 692 ) and a Hotpoint

Customer Question

I have a Hotpoint Washing Machine (AQ9D 692 ) and a Hotpoint Tumble Dryer (AQCF 952 ) . Both of them seem to have a similar problem . The knob that sets the different programmes is not working resulting in me having to use the same program all the time
which is wasting electricity . Could you please tell me what needs to be changed . Regards John
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
OK in both cases you have to establish if its the knob that is defective or the switch behind it. With gentle action, I use two thin screwdrivers you can pop the knob off the shaft. Once off the shaft see if you can change the program by moving the shaft by hand or if stiff by using pliers. If you can change the program then you need new knobs.
Do you require further assistance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks spot on it was the Knobs . I have ordered two new ones from Hotpoint/ Thanks for your help .
John
Pleased you got it sorted and thanks for the rating. Enjoy your evening.