Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

LG fridge freezer GPL22755JA stopped producing ice. water doesnt

LG fridge freezer GPL22755JA stopped producing ice. water doesnt seem to be going into ice maker but water being dispensed from water dispenser
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have emptied and defrosted all freezer and tried it again but ice maker still not producing ice
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - there is a test buttun under the ice maker, if you press it what happens?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry there is no test button under the ice maker my model LG fridge freezer is GPL227SSJA
I assume that the model number is ***** not GPL if so I have attached a video of how to check the ice-maker. Please come back with your observations --
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVpD07RIUoM
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I have checked the suggestions LG says but the lock is not on, there is no ice blocking, and there is still no water coming in to make ice?
You seem to miss what I am trying to do, pressing the lever in the door only operates the auger operation it does not operate the ice maker which operates independently. My question is 'is the ice maker working' and have you checked its operation by following the intructions in the video above? Once we have established that the mechanical operation of the icemaker is working then we can sort out the problem of water input.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tested it by pressing button underneath nothing happens
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I pressed the test button underneath the ice maker and there is no response
OK in that case you have a faulty ice-maker or connection to your ice-maker. Take the cover off as in the video and check its connections. If you can't find anything lose its likely you will need to replace the ice-maker itself.
Can I be of further assistance, if not would you kindly rate the information given by using the star rating system at the top of the page, once done all further questions are free of charge. Thanks you for using JA and have a great evening.