Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have cream retro swan microwave which is not microwaving

Customer Question

I have cream retro swan microwave which is not microwaving ! Power on , goes round, set the time but does not cook
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - a bit of advice from one that has been in this business for nearly 30 years. The Swan brand has no support be it technical or parts for most of its products including washing machines. Whilst I can say to you its likely to be the magnetron, the diode or the HV capacitor unless you have got the required test equipment you will struggle to both find out the fault or repair it through lack of spare parts. If you want this microwave repairing find a local repair shop and take it to them, they will be able to fit other manufacturers parts in the appliance that will keep it on the road, otherwise discard it and buy a new one.
Perhaps not what you wanted to hear, but if you take most other routes you will end up spending more than the things worth.