Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have recently bought an AEG KM8403101M Microwave-Oven

Customer Question

I have recently bought an AEG KM8403101M Microwave-Oven Combi. It came with a solid metal baking tray and a metal wire tray as well as metal side racks that these trays slot in to.
I am not sure if I can use the microwave with these trays and racks in it as they are made of metal. The manual doesn't make mention of having to remove them before using the microwave, but I have always believed nothing made of metal should go in a microwave.
Do you know if these items (the two trays and the two side racks) have to be removed before using the microwave?
Thank a lot.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 2 years ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - you are quite right and we get this all the time, the metal trays/racks are only to be used when you are either conventionally cooking or grilling. I hope that answers your question. Would you now kindly rate the information given using the star rating system in the top corner, once done all further questions are free of charge. Thanks for using JA and have a great weekend.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this.In that case, can I ask how are we supposed to use the microwave and oven cooking (simultaneously) option, or even just the microwave only option. Are we just supposed to put things on the appliance floor?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
If you go to page 15 of the user handbook it states clearly that metal dishes/racks and pans are not to used in microwave mode. However, glass and ceramic ware can. You can use the combination mode ie both together just make sure the food is in a non metallic dish. Things on the floor yes ~ as both the microwave energy and fan oven energy are from side and top being on the base is not an issue for the food cooking.