Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Bosch excel condenser dryer. After selecting a programme

I have a Bosch excel condenser dryer. After selecting a programme setting the machine bleeps 3 times and switches off half way through the cycle time. Could the timer be at fault?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Can you post the full model number of the dryer please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WTE84307GB/08
The dryer does this on all programmes.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for that.
When it turns off does the display go off as well?
Is the display resetting itself?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The timer display shows zero. The indicator lights show Anti-crease/end
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok for the time its running is it actually getting hot inside there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes temperature seems ok.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok does this model have a timed dry setting only?If so does this work or is it the same on there as well?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are settings for very dry, extra dry, cupboard dry and iron dry. It is the same on all settings.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
On that model you posted if you look in the 6 oclock position there should be a 40 min timed programme.
Try this as what that does is runs for 40 mins so it doesn't use moisture sensors so try that and see if this is the same as well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a 30 min warm programme in that position. I can't try this until tomorrow am as baby asleep!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So what you are saying is that if this programme runs for the whole programmed time then the moisture sensors could be faulty????
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
If it does work on that ok then its more then likely the control board at fault as the moisture sensors are 2 strips in the vent duct but to be honest these very rarely fail so its nearly always the control board that causes this fault as its not picking up the reading from the sensor bar.
But to be honest even if the timed dry isn't working its still more then likely the control board cutting out as somethimes if the heater fails it can cause this but as you say it is heating then that wont be the cause so its all pointing towards the control board any way im afraid here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok Thank you. I'll investigate he cost of a control board. Could be I'll be in the market for a new dryer. Thanks for your help.