Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My dishwasher is not taking the tablet to wash - the door is

Customer Question

My dishwasher is not taking the tablet to wash - the door is opening but the tablet is still in the machine - we have tried this several times - also ensured the filter is clean
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - OK here is your problem, if you use tablets and place them in the detergent dispenser with any water/damp in the actual dispenser itself they stick and wont fall out. This doesn't happen with powder because the spray bar action fires water into the dispenser at every revolution. You have two options, first one go back to powder or do what I do, instead of putting the tablet in the dispenser put it in one of the cutlery basket slots. Works just as well and your dont have to clean out the dispenser.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try that - although the tablet has been falling out into the machine and not dissolving
Ah that is different, in that case either there is insufficient water in the appliance during wash or alternatively the water that is in does not get heated. Both cause the tablet to be stuck to the bottom of the wash cavity.