Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My hoover DXC1B3/1-80 won't drain away and E3 keeps coming

My hoover DXC1B3/1-80 won't drain away and E3 keeps coming up on screen
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - could you kindly check the model number again, the one listed doesnt come up on my Hoover engineer listing. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hoover 31006526
OK that is not listed either but £3 indicates that the drain period time has been exceeded. Is this something that has just started to occur or is this a new installation?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DXC C691B3/1-80
its a new installation
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its a new installation
OK have you got it connected under the sink into a spigot that fits into the drain housing with the drain pipe connected?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes,it goes onto a spigot
OK this is very common in new builds, go under the sink and remove the washing machine drain hose from the spigot and check that there isn't a bung in the end of the spigot or that the spigot itself is not still capped, in which case you will have to saw off its end. If both of those are clear then unscrew the spigot from the drain pipe and check with your finger that you have a clear opening for the water to exit. Once you have done these come back to me with your results.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that was it,there was a bung in the flexible pipe,thank you
A pleasure, would you now kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, once done you can come back to me at any time if you have further questions. Thank you for using JA and have a great evening - Ian