Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a delonghi dual oven ( dual fuel ) Dfs 090 DO but the

I have a delonghi dual oven ( dual fuel ) Dfs 090 DO but the selector switch for the main oven keeps burning out. The original switch was made of a different and harder material than the newer plastic Espares version. Can I get a delonghi genuine switch and more importantly can you supply me with the wiring layout for the selector switch.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - the original switch is available but what invariably causes switches to burn out is that the connectors are not replaced and are loose on there tags. Supplying you with the wiring diagram may be available but I doubt I can get it until Monday.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would it be smart to replace all the connectors on the wiring coming into the switch?
Yes if you change them over one at a time you should be OK, its literally a case of taking one wire off, cutting the old spade connector off and replacing it then refitting to its position on the new switch - one by one. We do it all the time, usually the heat (from the previous melt situation) has made both cable and connector brittle and slightly slack on the terminal.