Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Temp setting is -17C but temp is -24. Why? How can I correct

Customer Question

Temp setting is -17C but temp is -24. Why? How can I correct it?
The freezer is quite noisy after I have opened & shut the door
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - could you let me have the manufacturer and model number please so that I can look up the specifications.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please could you answer my original question. Thanks
I need to know the Manufacturer and model number for me to give you a specific answer to your question, so far all you have given me is that is a freezer. I can happily give you a general answer but it may not be specific to your appliance. ie, does it have a compressor, is it electronic heat transfer or an absorption system. If you can give me the requested information I can help you further.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I stated that it's an Electric Whirlpool & that I can't move the freezer (without emptying it) to inspect the back for info. (I can see no other info on front). Was this info passed on to you? Sorry it's not much to go on.
OK from what you have told me it sounds like the fan housing is frozen up and the fan is catching on the ice that has formed. You may need to find somewhere to store the food whilst you defrost it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Does this explain why the setting is -17 but the temp display is showing -24?
As strange as this may seem ice is a great insulator, because the temperature sensor is frozen up it can't read what the actual temperature is and is allowing the system to overrun. Crazy situation but there you have it. If you would now kindly rate the information given by using the star rating at the top of the page I can shut the job down on the system, once done this allows further questions on a free of charge basis. Thank You for using JA and have a great Sunday.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Many thanks for the rating, if you need further help give me a call.