George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Dear All, I have a Belling 152 evolution dual fuel cooker and

Dear All, I have a Belling 152 evolution dual fuel cooker and every I use the oven(s) plumes of steam escape when the oven door is opened. The cooker came with the house and it's quite old. I've never had an electric oven so not sure if this is what normally happens. It's not just a little bit of steam it's massive amounts which fill the kitchen.
Any advice on if this can be rectified would be appreciated.
Anita
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello Anita, my name is George..
Can you give me the model number from the label at the bottom of the oven please
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for getting back to me the model number is ***** WGR.,
Can you have another look at the label .. the model number should start with 05056 or 44444.
regards
Can you tell me if the cooker is a normal cooker or a range cooker?
Does the cooker have vents in the rear of the oven?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi George, I've rechecked and the sticker does say model number 152WGR under that it has a serial number 14 1 00014. I'll go have another hunt to see if I have any paper work for the cooker. It is a range cooker, Thanks Anita
Ok, I needed the model number to determine if this was a standard cooker or a range.
The steam is created from the food that you are cooking.. This is perfectly normal if there are no vents in the oven. You may encounter more steam if the room is cold as this will turn the hot air from the oven into water vapour as the hot air meats the cold air.
Try turning on the oven for 10 mins on 180 degrees with nothing in the oven, then open the door.. There should in this instance be heat only (no steam)..
regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Found the manual - Model number hand written on the front 0505 64175 hope that helps. many thanks A
Ok, thanks for that.. I needed the model number to determine if this was a standard cooker or a range, and what the build was.
The steam you are encountering is created from the food that you are cooking.. This is perfectly normal if there are no vents in the oven. You may encounter more steam if the room is cold as this will turn the hot air from the oven into water vapour as the hot air meats the cold air.
regards