George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  A whitegoods technician with 30+ years service in Domestic Appliance Service & Repair, and General Mechanical & Electrical Repair
19471162

Neff u1644 double Oven. Re. Top Oven. Switch lights

Customer Question

Neff u1644 double Oven. Re. Top Oven. Switch lights for Circoltherm and heats up with fan working. Next turn for Top And Bottom heat but no light. Turn again for for Large Grill - no light. Heating element tested as circuit OK on each element but replaced anyway. Seems loss of power feed to element.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is George..
This is usually due to failure of the PC Board behind the selector switch or failure of the selector switch fingers to make contact. If you test the continuity through the finger contacts and they are ok then you will need to have the board seen to..
There are electronic repair companies such as EMW Electronics or QER (Quality Electronic Repairs) that can sometimes repair these boards far less than the cost of a replacement.
A new board 00447885 for this model is still available from Neff but it is £259.38
Kindly be patient whilst awaiting any responses from me as I'm not constantly available.