Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a problem with a miele w460 washing machine, it came

Customer Question

i have a problem with a miele w460 washing machine, it came up with a fault ("check inlet / check filter" this morning which I managed to solve by tipping the machine up and allowing the water to drain out. Now whenever you plug it in it trips the electrical circuit.
Can you help?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - OK this is what I would do, leave it overnight to dry out and then try it in the morning, I would say as no doubt you have already concluded that you have got some water into a base component. You may get away with just letting it dry out. Come back in the morning with your results.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The problem is still the same after 24 hours. Having removed the side panel we cannot see any obvious sign of water in the base of the machine.
OK in this case you will need to get a Miele engineer to have a look at the appliance for you. What has happened is that when you tipped the washer backwards water has gone into one of the components (perhaps the motor) and damaged part of the appliance. Unfortunately most independent companies tend to steer away from Miele because of lack of technical support or help.