Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Maytag Air Laundry Dryer. It is 2.5 years old,

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Air Laundry Dryer. It is 2.5 years old, I believe the motor is gone as it makes a loud noise when I switch it on and it trips out after about 15 mins. I have emailed and called Matgag several times over the last three weeks, but get no where with them. I need a new motor and I can get an engineer to install it. Its close to Christmas and I have no other way of drying the households clothes, please contact me as soon as possible on +353 86(###) ###-####
Sinead
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - OK this is the information that I have which is likely not what you want to hear. This drying cabinet was made by Asko (Sweden) for a number of different manufacturers which included Maytag. Asko subsequently were bought out by Gorenje and the factory moved to Slovenia. The drying cabinet was not produced after 2008 so likely you bought old stock. In the UK (where Im based) there are no spare parts available for this unit other than the odd cosmetic part. If you get lucky someone may have one on a shelf somewhere - I wish you good luck with your search.
If you need further help then come back to me.
http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Fan-Motor/67000465/1488822