Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Thought element at back of oven blew but when chaged still

Customer Question

hi, thought element at back of oven blew but when chaged still no heat fans coming on but no light when turning heat on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its a belling oven
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - can you give me the full product code on the rating plate, it will start with a 4 5 or 7 usually.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
only plate I can see says range belling cooker db90 ,0087 approved,serial number 03001337
How old is the appliance - there is no listing of this model in the current range of Belling cookers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
around 11 years old
OK can you leave it with me for a couple of hours I'll have to go up in the loft and dig out my old Belling disc, since they were taken over by GlenDimplex all our engineer information is online but they didn't carry forward the old information and put it on line too. If you can have a further look it might be listed on the back as an XOU90
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cannot get at back as its fitted
OK I need you to answer a couple of questions if you would, when does the oven fan come on and is it the one inside the fan oven?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fan comes on as soon as i turn oven on and yes the fans in the oven covered by plate where heating element is.usually when i turn the oven on the dial to turn up heat light comes on but does not and so the element does not heat up
OK in this appliance the fan and the heater whilst operating together are on independent circuits. Can you use a multimeter as from here on its a case of getting the appliance out and doing some electrical tests at the rear.
From the information you have given I would be looking at the main oven selector switch or oven thermostat.
You might like to take note of the product code which is###-##-####edited>Dales-Electronic42353.3683845718