Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a very new (around 2 weeks) old Zanussi ZCG552GWC gas

Customer Question

I have a very new (around 2 weeks) old Zanussi ZCG552GWC gas double oven with hob, to begin with it was fine, but in the last 2/3 days the main large bottom oven won't stay lit, the light also doesn't stay on. any idea as to why it cuts out? I have the glass lid on the hob open when oven is lit.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
When you lit the bottom oven is it staying lit until you let go of the control knob?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it lights fine, but then goes out after 2 or 3 minutes
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok when you get this fault im afraid its the thermocouple that's the issue here.
Im afraid this is a fault on the cooker itself so as its new you will need to get Zanussi in to repair it as it may need to be resitted into place or it may be faulty.
I assume you don't want to go stripping a new gas cooker down yourself? If you do then get back to me and I can advise from there.
But other then that if you give Zanussi a ring they will sort it for you as the thermocouple isn't working correctly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do I do that then, who do I call/email, no way am I touching it myself. phone numbers/ email addresses would be helpful.. Thank you
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
You need to ring Serviceforce as they are the repair side for Zanussi.
There number is *****(###) ###-#### ***** will send you through to your local center and they will book you in for repair.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, thanks, ***** ***** tomorrow as I guess they are asleep now, will pop payment to you tomorrow as well.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Yes they are normally open 8-5 week days so give them a bell in the morning.
And payment tomorrow is perfect as well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry, i am being really stupid, how do I pay you?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Its showing you have already done it so thanks for that.