Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

We have a Siemens side by side fridge freezer KA58NA40/06

Hello, We have a Siemens side by side fridge freezer KA58NA40/06 I think is the model, and the water pipe that comes out behind the kick plate near the centre of the freezer has cracked. Do we need to replace the water tank and pipes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, We have a Siemens side by side fridge freezer KA58NA40GB/06 I think is the model, and the water pipe that comes out behind the kick plate near the centre of the freezer has cracked. Do we need to replace the water tank and pipes?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - No depending upon how much play you have in the pipe you should be able to cut out the damaged section and put a push fit joint in place to join up the existing pipes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, There doesn't seem to be enough play in the pipe to pull any out and repair the damaged section. does the pipe go to the water tank?
Basically, you have a two way valve at the back of the appliance that feeds water into the machine in two directions, one direction goes into the ice maker whilst the other feeds underneath and up through the base, then through the tank and back out through the base again and across where it runs up inside the door. To allow the doors to be removed there is a joint under the cabinet where this pipe runs. Usually what happens is that either during a move or after someone removes the doors a section between the water tank and the door either get crushed or frayed. The simple answer is to cut out the damaged section and replace with two push fit connectors and a short replacement piece of pipe or if you get lucky there is enough spare to just repair the split.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** seems fairly obvious, what I need is specialist knowledge such as what sort of pipe, where can I get it, where does the water tank live? If you are sure I can repair the pipe, where can I get the pipe and connectors? what are they called? Is it possible to see a parts page or schematic so I can see where things go? could you include any links to anything helpful.
Give me about an hour and I will come back to you with a diagram, just have to head off and pick my daughter up from college. I can then give you further details of where to pick stuff up as required.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** will be greatly appreciated. There is no great rush as the pipe doesn't leak unless the water dispenser is used, so whenever you have time is fine.
OK copy and paste this link - http://www.siemens-home.co.uk/sparepart/finder/detail/KA58NA40/06
then down the page - 'spare parts list and exploded drawings' click
then page 5 -- item 0526 is the water tank in the fridge side behind the salad draw.
You can see the two pipes that come in/out from underneath at the left hand side (from the front) of the tank. Once you have followed them underneath you can rectify the leaking pipe.
this link takes you to an Ebay site that sells the fittings you require together with replacement pipe if needed -- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-4-Push-Fit-Pipe-Fittings-for-American-Fridge-and-RO-Unit-Elbow-Tee-Piece-etc-/291585080555?var=&hash=item43e3d33ceb:m:m7bGqiljdrtWZb4PT1m7ZRQ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay, out all day today. Thank you so much, that is exactly what I was after. You have been a tremendous help, now I know how to get on with the job. Thank you again, you have answered all my queries.