Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have an LG 7kg direct drive washing machine and have found

I have an LG 7kg direct drive washing machine and have found that for the last few weeks i have had lots of water held in the front filter drawer. I have drained it each time but not sure what is causing it. The water seems quite smelly.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries ~ do you refer to the area where you put the soap powder or the actual pump filter ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The place where there is lots of water accruing is at the bottom of the machine where the filter is. When emptying the filter lots of water comes out (approx 2 pints)
This is quite normal to have this amount of water in the appliance as you are opening up the pipe that takes the water out of the tub sump at one side and all the water that is in the drain pipe at the other. In reality there is no real need to check this filter housing too often unless there is a problem with the clothes coming out wetter than normal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The water was really smelly tho and made the machine smell? (But like eggs!)
Yes it usually is, what I would do it take a scoop of biological powder (has to be biological) or a domestos sized cap of bleach and put the macine on the hotest wash you have with no clothes in the tub and let it go through the complete program. That should clear out the smell, dont get to worried if the tub froths up as the bleach is removing all the soap powder that has stuck to the outer tub assembly.
Can I be of further assistance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Trying the above suggestion tomorrow and will let you know! Xx
Look forward to it