Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

We have 2 new neff dishwashers, they have done one cycle

Customer Question

Hi we have 2 new neff dishwashers, they have done one cycle with no dishes as far as I am aware without issue , the machines then called for salt and rinse aid which I have added . Neither will now start nor will they reset . Have also tried switching on and off at mains.
On one the display is flashing 3.30 and the Eco wash button flashing and the 45 degree button illuminated
The other the display shows PO (not flashing) and the rinse button is flashing and the 45degree quick wash button illuminated
Please help!!
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Can you post the model number of the dishwashers please.
And just to check both dishwashers are brand new and have both failed after just 1 wash?
If so were do the dishwashers drain out to?
Have they both stopped full of water inside?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ENR s51M53x2GB /B4
FD 9510
Both same model
Yes or maybe 2 cycles I put on as wasn't here when electrician connected up so don't know if he put on immediatelyThere is a small amount of residual water in both but not full of water
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok were do the drain hoses go to?
Do they go under a sink? If so then remove the spigot from under the sink and check there isn't a blanking cap in there and also check the end of the spigot has been cut out as well.
Check them first and see what you find and let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Haha what is a spigot?!
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
The spigot is the part which the drain hose pushes onto if it goes under a sink unit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it the bit with a metal clip around it?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
It may have a metal clip holding it on.
Just unscrew the plastic spigot and check the end isn't blocked up in there with a blanking cap.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does not appear to be
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok so theres no cap in there and has the end of the spigot been cut off so theres a hole through it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok so if you reset it by holding the start button in for a few seconds.
Then select a new cycle are you able to do this?
As the first thing it should do is drain any water out that's left in.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Won't let me choose a new cycle even after holding down start button
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it unusual if the waste pipe is higher than waste outlet , ie what has to go up to flow out ?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
That shouldn't make a difference if the waste pipe is higher then the waste outlet as most are.
But holding the start button for a few seconds should reset the control and allow you to stat a new wash so very strange how you cannot select a new cycle.
Are both dishwashers still doing the same fault?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes same inability to reset or start but stuck on different cycles - I have a neff engineer coming but not for another 2 days...yawn!
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok if they just wont reset then it has to be a fault on the electronic but very strange you have both doing the same. But theres only one way to reset it and as you have done it then theres nothing left to try here im afraid.
Hopefully when they come out they can get it sorted for you from there. But if you collected them from a shop and they have them in stock then you should be able to return them and get them to exchange if that's quicker for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
No worries your very welcome.