Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Our Neff dishwasher S5443X1GB/13 FD 8004 880266 is not going

Customer Question

Our Neff dishwasher S5443X1GB/13 FD 8004 880266 is not going into a wash cycle. It makes a noise on the setting options but does not appear to be drawing water. I've removed the filter and the filter sleeve as well as the seive-like cover plate on the floor of the machine. The lady I spoke to at Neff said that there is another square bit that needs to be removed by slipping a spoon behind it. I'm afraid I can't see the part she is referring to. Can you help?
David
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - can you confirm when you select and start the program the drain pump is actually removing the water - you may have to put a kettle full of water in to the sump area to be sure.
Do you require further assistance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian,Your advice worked brilliantly. The machine sucked up the boiled water and it is working perfectly again.Thank youDavid
Excellent news an old engineers fix from too many years ago. Would you now kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star ratings at the top of the page, this allows me to shut down the job on the system whilst at the same time giving you access to further information on a free of charge basis. Thank You for using JA and have a great evening.