Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My varioperfect xx9 has started randomly adding significant

Customer Question

My varioperfect xx9 has started randomly adding significant amounts of time onto those indicated by the program at the start of washing. This morning for example, the mixed wash program indicated it would take 1 hour 3 minutes but when I returned after this time it indicated there was still 44minutes left on the program. Otherwise,love my machine.
Mrs E Cardinal
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to your queries - welcome to the world of 'fuzzy logic' ~ what happens is that when you set the program it does a quick estimate of how long it is going to take to carry out the wash, this is then reassessed as the program progresses taking into consideration water temperature, speed of fill/empty, time to heat the water (this being dependent on quantity of washing (more washing means more water to heat) and the number of times it has to spin a load to extract the required water. This is then fed into a microprocessor which is constantly adjusting things. To give you an example, the water temperature of incoming water is at this time significantly colder than in the summer making heating time greater. With your machine it has a system of error codes that are generated by the microprocessor if there is a problem. As you dont have one I wondn't worry about the slight time variation.
Would you now kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system from the top of the page, once done you can come back to me at any time for further information on a free of charge basis. Thank you for using JA and have a great day. __ Ian