Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

No water entering AEG dishwasher....code i10 on display. Mains

Customer Question

No water entering AEG dishwasher....code i10 on display. Mains water supply checked ok. No water passing aqua guard inlet valve but 25 volts on meter at connector block for aqua guard hose
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Can you post the full model number of the dishwasher or better still the product number (pnc) this will be on a sticker on the right hand side of the door and starts with a 9.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi.The model is AEG Favorit 60870 Sensorlogic. Numbers on sticker are as follows: F 60870M PNC 911 232 542 04 S-No 34468229.I have checked water at the supply valve and this is perfect. When the aqua control inlet hose is disconnected at machine end there is no water released at any stage during the cycle so the machine will not fill. During the cycle I have checked the voltage at the connector block where the wires lead into the inlet hose with a multimeter. During different stages of the cycle the voltage varies between 0v, 25v and approx 240 volts but at no stage does any water come from pipe leading me to think maybe there is a faulty solenoid or wiring in the aqua control hose.The bottom of the machine is completely dry and the flood switch does not appear to be activated. I have also cleaned out the clear plastic unit on the left side of the machine that fills with water. This was quite a bit of sludge in this and it was full of water when I first opened the machine up after it failed.Finally if I start the cycle then when the machine normally fills, trick it by opening the door and pouring in a bucket of water the machine continues through the cycle normally when the door is closed until it requires more water, Then it stops and again the i10 code and water light are displayed.Do you think I am correct in suspecting the inlet hose or am I completely off track? All help or suggestions appreciated.Regards, Roger
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello there,
Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.
Adam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It said previously I was connected to Daniel T.... Appliance technician with 20 or so years experience! Where has he gone? If you can't find someone then you can refund the money please.