Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

We have an AEG ultrapower vacuum cleaner. We are having a problem

Customer Question

We have an AEG ultrapower vacuum cleaner. We are having a problem in that the battery no longer seems willing to charge on the cradle. We get a red light on the cleaner that turns off altogether after some minutes. The cleaner won't work at all. Does it need a new battery pack? it is only 2 year old. Thanks.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Can you post the model number of the vacuum please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The label says it is an AG5012UK. AEG Ultrapower plus Lithium.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - generally Lithium are far more reliable than the old style batteries. What I would do is take it to you local electrical shop and get them to check out the battery for you. The cost of the new one is nearly £100 and it could actually be the charger that is at fault.