Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

On Monday of this week, we had a dn61039ss installed and rusty

On Monday of this week, we had a dn61039ss installed and rusty looking lines have appeared all over the front. What are they and how can I get rid of them?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - are you talking about the outside of the dishwasher or inside the wash cavity?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The outside of the dishwasher door.
OK I will give you a bit of advice first and then give you other options, firstly, most manufacturers including Servis have a policy in place that if the product develops a fault in the first 28 days they will exchange the product. If however you don't wish to take this option then contact the manufacturer and tell them you want the front door panel replacing as its going rusty. (that way you get to use the dishwasher over the Christmas period whilst you wait for the repair) finally what we use here to clean things is 'bar keepers friend' which is available from Tesco etc or if you cant get that a stainless steel cleaner. Sadly there are various grades of stainless steel some of which rust.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. How is it possible for the door to go rusty overnight? If I have a go with the tescos product will it still be ok to ask for a new door if it doesn't work or would it be better to go straight for the exchange? If the product works will the door still be rusting and need constant 'bar tending'?
I think in your position I would go for a replacement door as this can be done without taking the appliance out and messing around. What is likely to happen is that they will send out an engineer first anyway to check what the problem is, so be handy if he had a door and could save you too much wasted waiting around. Sadly as I mentioned earlier, stainless isn't stainless these days and it's a sod of a job keeping it clean. Would you now kindly rate the advice given so that I can shut the job down on the system, once done you can come back to me at anytime for further advice free of charge. Hope your day improves - Ian