Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

My cool ncool is beeping continuously. temp set buttons

Hi my cool ncool is beeping continuously. temp set buttons are not working. freezer gone up to 19 .fridge should be 4 and showing 9
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - could you give me the full model number please which will begin with R or S and end /XEU it will be on a label stuck inside the cabinet.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi s2028cvw.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have checked display pcb and found water around connector , probably due to something I had done previously to make more room in freezer. no reaction from buttons but appliance running. probably looking at new pcb?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wish now I'd checked this first. thought perhaps there might have been a quick answer to a common fault. feel I've wasted £27.never mind ! my fault
I would dry out the pcb and try it again you might just get lucky, hairdryer with care !!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the temp display on fridge and freezer is as before , although fridge a bit to cool ( zero to 3 deg) so am comparing using manual readings and I think I can live with it. nothing else works on the display board but beeping has stopped. if it stays like this it will do for now. cheers ( this model pcb seems no longer available)
If you need a pcb let me know as I may be able to source one for you as I have a number of friends that have stockpiled old boards,- I have a number of boards myself but they may be for later models.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian, I think it might be worth a try so I can at least set the temps. Could you get me a price please.
OK can you give me the full model number including the /XEU and the serial number and I will see what I can do.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian, thanks for the reply. The serial number is ***** N. The model is SR-S2028CVW. Nothing on the label inside the fridge compartment refers to /XEU. A number on the pcb reads DA41 0020. This freezer has the ice timer and ice mode, although I removed the ice maker from the top of the freezer some time ago as I never wanted it. Inherited in a swap after daughter moved house! Cheers
OK leave it with me and I'll see what I can find out.