Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

I have a 4 year old Neff gas nob. One of the burners

Hello I have a 4 year old Neff gas nob. One of the burners cuts gas off with a click after about 30 seconds of being lit , any ideas as to why?
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Hi, it has a thermocouple or flame safety device that sits in the flame. If the flame is not put it will go out to save neat gas filling your kitchen . They can be changed, but a bit tricky. Look for a metal probe near to where the flame would be. It might just need cleaning, but most likely replacing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I have given everything a good clean and it now works, I let it heat a saucepan of water which it did fine , any other tests I should do?
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
No , that's fine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** *****
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome. All the best