Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My tunble dryer stops before the items are dry and the red

Customer Question

My tunble dryer stops before the items are dry and the red light is usually flashing. I have tried different programmes but still the same. Is there an easy fix? Often if I take a few of the heavier items out e.g. towels it will work and finish the programme and the items are dry.
It is an 7kg Sensor Dryer.
Mod. ZDE47100W
Type. P541553
Prod no. ***********
Ser no. 94507458
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Lets see if theres an error code stored in there.
Set the dryer going and then you need to press and hold the start button and the button to the left of it.
keep them held in for several seconds until the leds go out then let go.
Now the start button will flash.
You need to count the red flashes and then the green flashes and let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, just tried that. The red flashed 6 times and then the green twice and stopped for a few seconds then continued to flash (the Green button).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's late will speak again tomorrow, thanks meantime.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thanks for that. The error code you have is E62 which is a heater fault. Now its either the heater coil itself or 1 of the thermostats on the back that's the fault. If you want to check yourself then you need to remove the buldge cover on the back and there you will see the heater. Check the heater coil and see if theres a break on there.If that's fine then turn the heater over and you will see the thermostats. You will need multi meter to test these and if any are faulty then you need to replace the heater unit as it comes as a complete unit with the thermostats on there. Check that out when you can and see what you find and let me know. Regards