Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have Bosch B45L Steam Generator Iron and all of sudden

Customer Question

Hi I have Bosch B45L Steam Generator Iron and all of sudden electric tripped and next Boiler of the steamer not working. Basically now iron is working fine but boiler doesn't work/ non noise and electronic displays keep flashing which normally was going off when boiler has steamed the water enough to start ironing. Any idea what could have happened and can this be repaired.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - generally this is the steam generator that has shorted out, the problem is that parts are very expensive and the steam generator is the most expensive of them all. If you can give me the full ENr I can check the price for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Really!!! How could this be possible
E-Nr. TDS4570GB/02
FD:9212 and serial Number:338566
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How could boiler get shorted out?
The unit is electrically controlled and works on a instantanous heater and pump which pumps water from the tank, if the water flow rate or the type of water (hardness) blocks up the heater galleries or reduces the flow or the heater element gets furred up then it is unable to get rid of the heat and burns out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok then what next. Could this repaired or not
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is their any video on line that shows how to replace the boiler that i can do it myself.
OK do you have a multimeter? Life is going to be much easier for you if you do as you can check the components before you buy just in case it one of the thermostats/sensors rather than the boiler. I can send you a link to the illustrated parts list if that would be helpful?