Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have a Britannia range cooker, and it's making a funny

Customer Question

Hi - I have a Britannia range cooker, and it's making a funny 'burnt hair' smell soon after switching on the oven. I took the top off and discovered a burned connector - even the wire is a bit charred. It's on the back of the temperature selector dial/knob. My question is can you identify the part and tell me if I can fix it myself or whether I need a proper repair person
Make Britannia
Model SI-9T6-SLX-S
I have taken a pic of the offending part - can't attach it here though
Cheers
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to your queries - could you send me a picture of the burnt switch assembly and I will see if I can identify it for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great thanks. I took a few from front above and behind. Hope it's clearMatt
OK that is an oven thermostat, can you confirm that it is for the main oven? The repair from what I can see in the will consist of cutting off the double black cable about an inch down, stripping the cable back and refitting a new connector and then removing and replacing the oven thermostat. Technically its an easy enough job its a one for one swop over. I will check tomorrow when I get to work for the part number for the thermostat, if you can just confirm it is the man oven thermostat.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes main oven. Sounds ok to fit. Would I need to solder, or does the wire just push in or something? We need this fixed before xmas(!) so might have to do it myself, if I can't get a repair man to do it soon. Salad for xmas dinner?!Matt
Whats your postcode just in case we need an engineer out to you. No you wont need to solder it on, a crimp connector will do.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Se23 2ae
Can you give me your telephone number please I need to ask a couple of further questions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
***********
Hi Matt,
This is the link we spoke about, as suggested ring them first to confirm that they actually have the item. If you get stuck give me a ring and I will try other companies for you - the part number for you thermostat is A49206 Copy and past the link below it takes you directly to your part, they are listing it as in stock (but)
http://www.buyspares.co.uk/product.pl?pid=1663099&utm_source=google&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=products&mkwid=sj65HHQqu&pcrid=89935417109&kword=&match=&plid=&pdv=c&gclid=CjwKEAiA-s6zBRDWudDL2Iic4QQSJAA4Od3XaWVD9j3j5loIXkGWXk69SI0aqpWAxrMerZIVHgFBlxoCktvw_wcB
Experience: I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ian - I just called them and they have guaranteed delivery tomorrow. Thanks for all your great help - a brilliant service!Matt
Really please you got it sorted, I had my doubts that they had one as I had tried about 5 of the bigger companies who had non in stock. If you need further help you have my number. Many thanks for the rating - Ian
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no problem. it's all sorted, and back up and running.I went to TLC electrical to get the connectors - and they even lent me the crimping tool I needed - it seems that the Xmas spirit is getting everywhere!Turkeys of the world are no longer safe...Thanks again and have a good Christmasmatt
Really pleased for you - glad you got it all sorted - I have given the Turkey Mafia your address, prepare yourself for a 6 o'clock knock. Take care and have a great Christmas.