Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

The display on my cooker / time has gone strange.

Hi, the display on my cooker for temp / time has gone strange. some of the bars work but some do not light up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a double oven with lower oven controls on the left, display with three buttons under in the middle and top oven / grill controls on the right. Instead of showing full digits they are only partially formed. i.e. a 0 may show as L etc
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - you will need a new timer, if you can let me have the Manufacturer and model number I will be able to help you further - without this information further information will be difficult to source. A picture would be useful.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian. Not sure of make or model as there are no markings anywhere I can see. I've added a picture for you
OK I'm afraid you are going to have to take it out of its cabinet, draw it forward and seed if there is a label on the top, sides or rear. Not enough there for me to identify it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, I've got the following information from a label on the inside of the oven.Whirlpool - Model:AKZ161/IX - Type:FCEM9Hope that helps.Rob
Could you tell me if there is a long number (product code) starting with 8...............
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes there are two long numbers with bar codes underneath.
First one is 8585 161 15030
Second is 14 0139 004167
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Added a photo of the label
OK if you pull the appliance out and take off the top you will see a central pcb where the display is and a U shaped pcb at goes around it which connects up to the two front knobs. You will see that there is a ribbon cable - check that the connections are tight on the ribbon cable. Power off first and then switch the appliance on and see if this has rectified the problem - then come back to me with what you see.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian, that did the trick. Perfect, thanks for your help, very much appreciated. Have a great Christmas.Rob
No worries Rob, pleased to help, would you now kindly rate the information given to you by using the star rating system at the top of the page. Once done if you need to come back to me further advice is free. Thanks for using JA and have a great Christmas & New Year and take care out there. Regards ***** *****