Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

The piezoelectric lighter to my Neff hob has stopped working.

Customer Question

The piezoelectric lighter to my Neff hob has stopped working. There is no click at at all when you press down and turn the gas tap as it should. What should I do?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries I assume that if you light it with a match or lighter it all works OK - could you also let me have the ENr if you can find it so I can see which type it is.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ian,
The E-Nr is H5632NO GB/01. Type = GAB 1220Regards, ***** *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorreeeeee. E-Nr is T294ONO GAB/01 Type = GAB 1220Sorry for the error in the previous message. R
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That should be T294ONO GB/01 !!
R
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(###) ###-####2360R
Sorry for the delay just got back from work, give me an hour or so and I'll come back to you - Ian
OK I have looked on the parts diagram and your hob uses a spark igniter that is activated by the microswitch that you press in, initially you will need to diagnose whether it is the microswitch or the igniter that is faulty. What you have to do is remove the microswitch, short out the two wires and if you then have a spark the problem is the microswitch. If no spark then the spark igniter is faulty.