Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a TDC30P which is not heating. Heater element replaced,

I have a TDC30P which is not heating. Heater element replaced, thermostats pass continuity test. Drum spins and reverses but Drying Light is not on.
Help... Please
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
If the heater and thermostats are fine then its either the front thermostat or the timer unit at fault here.
Open the door and stick your head inside the dryer and look at the top of the door opening inside and you will see 2 screws. Remove these and then you can pull the front thermostat down and check that with your meter and check for continuity there.
If that's ok then you are only left with the timer at fault here which you would need to replace to cure this.
So check them and see what you find as it will be one of them at fault here if the heater and thermostats at the back are fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sadly the thermo was ok. Circuit OK. Is there not a reset switch on the timer as I have read somewhere. if not any idea of the cost of a timer. maybe a lost cause and not ideal this close to Christmas. I was hoping for something a little more interesting for Christmas and less expensive than a new tumble drier :(
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Timer appears to work.Drum will not start until time is set and it will also go into reverse. Left it running for about 5 minutes just no heat.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ok if the thermostat is at fault then the timer will be the fault. There is no reset of a timer im afraid. If it fails then its a case of replacing it im afraid.
As to weather its worth it personally I wouldn't bother as its an old model and given the price the timer will be you are half way towards a new dryer which to be honest work a lot better and use less electricity then the old one that you have.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Know anyone who wants a brand new heater and thermostats :)Thanks for your help.Bye
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
Ebay is the best place to sell them as im sure theres someone out there that needs one.
I used to sell quite a lot of spares on there so worth a try.