Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Zanussi 7kg electronic sensor dryer has completely stopped

Customer Question

Zanussi 7kg electronic sensor dryer has completely stopped working. Will not turn on. Checked power and that's ok
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 11 months ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - can you give me the pnc or product code, its on the rating label.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Mod zdc67550w
Type p542765
Prod no 916 096 169 09
OK I assume you have checked the obvious ie the fuse is intact, the door has been slammed and the condenser and water container have been pushed fully home. Have you got any lights on the front at all when you select a program?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Checked everything. There are no lights whatsoever when I select any programme
OK are you able and happy to use a mains tester or multimeter?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No idea what these are and don't think I have one!
OK I dont think I can take you any further with this then, we need to be able to check that you have at least got mains power inside the appliance and getting to the main control panel. Without these test instruments you will just be guessing and perhaps doing more damage than is necessary.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi still waiting on an answer?
I have other issues with a dish washer that I want to log separately so I'm waiting for tumble dryer first.
As I said in my response above, unless you are able to take basic electrical measurement with the required test equipment (which you will also need to test out the dishwasher) we are as far as we can go. I could say, 'ah its just the electrical control pcb' but this might be totally wrong and you end up spending loads of money swopping parts out without resolving the problem.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Well you did ask me was I able to do this and when I said no you just left me hanging so in fairness I was a bit in the dark. If you had to have replied saying "you need to do this to go any further" then that would have been much better instead of ignoring it for a few hours. €22 is a lot of money for 3 questions!
It took me from 1247 when you posted 'NO' to 1307 when I responded ~ 20 minutes and 2 seconds. Your response to this took 2 hours 18 minutes and 52 seconds. However, that apart you have not paid me anything for the time I spend with you. You may have paid a deposit which is fully refundable but my payment is zero at this time. I'm afraid I can only help you so far if you have no technical or electrical experience. If however, as in this case, you are unable to go further then it is better to suggest an engineer visit. I think I have been fair and reasonable, repairing this appliance is outside your experience or expertise and I have a duty of care to you the client of JA.