Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I have an Electrolux electric oven model E0B53000X

Customer Question

I have an Electrolux electric oven model E0B53000X PNC ***********
The oven has developed a fault with the timer which means that it is constantly (relay on timer going like the clappers) and frequently stops the oven working - hence I can't reliably cook anything.
Electrolux have confirmed that they no longer make the part. I have tried the usual suppliers but their they think they have one and then send me the wrong part, or take days to realise that they cannot fulfil my order.....
Any idea how I can get one???? Seems crazy to buy a new over for the sake of one part.
I have tried replacing the relay but that made no difference.
Happy to pay fee if somebody can find me the replacement timer.
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - firstly do you actually use the timer for timed cooking?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, although in the last hour I have disconnected two wires from one of the relays (16A switch circuit) (wrapped up safely in insulation tape) and have the oven working without the timer.Not ideal though as I have two young children and a busy wife. Don't want a fire because she has forgotton that the oven is on. Would prefer to know if I can purchase the timer from anywhere.
That was what I was about to suggest, ie butt connect both relay cables together and use it as a manual oven. I will however continue to look and see if anyone has one around. The problem these days is that all manufacturers only us one relay timers just to control the main oven, the top oven is just used on manual. What part number have you been using?