Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

Door won't close on neff S72T69x2GB

door won't close on neff S72T69x2GB
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - when you say that the door wont close, do you mean that you can't get the door to close or that the door latch wont engage but that the door closes correctly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi.. hard to tell really. I THINK the door is closed but as it's an integrated machine, it's hard to tell. There is certainly no satisfying click of the latch.. however there also seems to be absolutely nothing wrong with the latch. There aren't really many latch components on this model.. the bit on the door is just a little groove and I presume the metal catch on the frame side of things is supposed to click in to this. The first few times that it didn't work I just sort of twiddled the little bit that moves (on the frame side) and then it worked ie closed..but now nothing is working. Just in case it was something different eg the trays were somehow blocking it) I tried closing the door with none of the trays in but still not closing/working.
OK its going to be a bit of an awkward one this, you need to be able to activate the door switch with the door open this will indicate if its the switch or the activation loop thats at fault, usually its the switch. To get at the switch/loop you will have to take the washer out of its cabinet so that you can get at the bits on the top front.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I 100% wont be able to do that! I guess I need to get in a repairman then? I thought I would give this online techy support a whirl, just to see what happened!
I'm afraid it has its limitations, its depends on the flow to and fro of information and that the client has a certain amount of diy skills and is happy to work with electric. About 70% of the time we can sort you out but if it heavy lifting or removing stuff then it gets a little more complicated if you havent done it before. If you need the services of a local repairman let me know, I just need your postcode and I can give you a couple of local companies.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi.. I'm BN3 2LL - There is a sticker with Neff service number on the machine.. but happy to hear other recommendations that might be cheaper. The dishwasher came with the flat and pretty sure no warrantee, over 2 years etc!
Two here for you to choose from --
Wight Energy on 01983 282 645
Chris Page on 02392 005121 both who carry out dishwasher repair.
If you would now kindly rate the information given so that I can close the job down on the system, once done you can ask more questions on a free of charge basis. Good luck with the repair, if you need further help give me a ping on here. Many thanks for using JA and have a great weekend.