Dales-Electronic
Dales-Electronic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I am a Home Appliance / Refrigeration Technician of 25yrs+ with my own business and for multi-brand national companies.
26760916

I've got a Bosch Logixx 8 washing machine (model no WAS32469GB/23). The

I've got a Bosch Logixx 8 washing machine (model no WAS32469GB/23).
The brushes need to be replaced on the motor, but removing the motor has proved difficult.
After removing the 2 mounting bolts that pass through the plastic mounting bush inserts, the bushes themselves are stuck solid. Any ideas on how to get them out?
Expert:  Dales-Electronic replied 1 year ago.
Hello My name is Ian ~ I am not on the site constantly so please be patient whilst waiting for responses to you queries - OK have you got the motor off the appliance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. The mounting bush inserts need to be pulled out to allow the motor to be removed.
The problem is that the bush inserts are ceased on, preventing the motor from coming out.
I have never know this happen in 30 years in the business, can you not lever the motor downwards - a picture would be useful if you can send it? Looking at the parts diagram you should be able to lever the pulley end down and slide the other end of the studs. Its abit tight but it works.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've taken motors off before with the same type of mounting arrangement & never had a problem getting the bushes out.
If I could get replacement bushes, I would drill them out which would then allow the motor to come off.
But I'm not sure if the bushes are available as spares.
OK you need to get a flat screwdriver and insert it between the rear of the front motor mounting and the mounting stud on the drum and one side then the next side gently ease it forward. Trying to lever the locking bush will not work.
How are you getting on - do you need further assistance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was tight, but the motor is out.
Thanks for your help.
Excellent news, would you now kindly rate the information given by using the rating star system at the top of the page. Once done all further questions are free of charge. Thank you for using JA and have a great weekend.